Capacity (n) (Thanks to the Free Dictionary)
- the ability to hold, receive, or absorb
- the maximum amount that can be contained
- the maximum amount that can be produced
- the power to learn or retain knowledge; mental ability
- innate potential for growth, development or accomplishment
Social capacity, at this blog, is all of the different ways that our social sector — government AND nonprofits — can improve the quality of life in our communities. We have to work together, and we have to look further down the road than the next election.
American society is reactive, responding only after we’re in a crisis. Disasters happen only when infrastructure fails, and the social infrastructure in the United States needs some strengthening.